How To Use Bleach To Cure Jock Itch
Simply prepare a mixture of two tablespoons of bleach to two glasses of warm water. Take a clean cotton cloth, dip the cloth in the bleach mixture and then apply it on the affected area. Repeat this procedure three to four times daily for several days until you get relief from the symptoms.Also, you can add a quarter cup of bleach into a bathtub full of water and then climb in and soak in it. If you do this daily, your jock itch symptoms of red skin, itchiness and flakiness will disappear. If you are going to do the soak, then you really do have to do it daily to see any results!
Dont forget to pat dry the area as moisture can make the condition worse .
Will Jock Itch Go Away On Its Own
Jock itch sometimes clears completely by itself without treatment. Although most cases of jock itch are not contagious, cases caused by an infection may be transmitted through skin or sexual contact, sharing of swimwear, or towels. It is possible to transmit fungal jock itch to someone else through close skin contact.
Bleach Remedies For Jock Itch
Bleach is one of the effective remedies for ringworm and therefore it is also good for getting rid of jock itch, after all this itch is a form of ringworm only. If your skin responds positively to this remedy, you can get rid of jock itch in as less as two days! However, you must also know that bleach is a caustic chemical and when you use it on your skin, it may scar. Being a poisonous chemical, bleach needs to be used with extreme precaution and only for a short period of time which means for two days only. If your jock itch doesnt go in these two days, stop using bleach and follow some other remedy.
How to use bleach to get rid of jock itch?
There are in fact, two ways, to use bleach for jock itch, topical application and bleach bath
1st way to use bleach for jock itch treatment: apply it locally
- Combine water and bleach to get a diluted solution
- Wash your affected area and dry it well
- With the help of cotton ball, apply the diluted bleach to your skin affected with jock itch. Take care not to apply it on the surrounding healthy skin.
- Wait for some time until the bleach dries on its own
- You need not wash it off till the time it doesnt burn or give you any discomfort.
- Repeat the previous steps the next day.
- Doing this once is enough
- Repeat the process next day
- If you are lucky, your jock itch will go within two day. If not, discontinue using bleach from the third day as its excessive use is harmful for your skin.
You May Like: Can You Get Rid Of Nail Fungus
How To Treat Jock Itch
Jock itch usually responds to self-care within a couple of weeks by providing some some basic practices, such as:
- Keep the skin clean and dry in the groin area. When cleaning the area, dry with a clean towel. Its important that you dont use the same towel on the rest of your body. Use a separate, clean towel instead.
- Dont wear clothing that rubs and irritates the area.
- Shower immediately after athletic activities.
- Dont scratch!
- Change your clothes, especially undergarments, daily.
- Avoid heavily perfumed fabric conditioners and washing powders, as they may cause additional irritation.
- Treat any other fungal infections you may have, such as athletes foot, because theyre similar and can cause the problem to linger, reoccur and spread if not treated.
- Before trying over-the-counter antifungal or drying powders, which can contain lots of chemicals, try a natural remedy.
- If it doesnt get better within a few weeks, you may need to see your doctor to discuss your options.
Conventional treatment includes using powder sprays, often containing the antifungal clotrimazole. Clotrimazole is also the primary antifungal and so-called active ingredient present in the brand Lotrimin®. Lotrimin® is available in both cream and powder spray form. The most common side effects of clotrimazole include redness, irritation, burning, stinging, swelling, tenderness, pimple-like bumps or flaking of the treated skin.
Rubbing Alcohol Relieves Jock Itch
Rubbing alcohol, as you might be knowing, is a surgical spirit, a liquid made with special denatured alcohol solution containing about 70% of pure, concentrated ethanol or isopropyl alcohol. It is generally used as a disinfectant and as a soothing and cooling agent for relief from aching muscles or burns. Jock itch that also burns can be soothed with rubbing alcohol and it also cures fungal infection to a great extent. What more, it is also a drying agent and thus it prevents jock itch by keeping your skin moisture free.
How to use rubbing alcohol for jock itch?
- Dip the cotton ball in the rubbing alcohol solution
- Dab this on the jock itch affected area for few minutes
- Repeat multiple times a day to get rid of jock itch
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Hair Fungus
Worried Your Jock Itch Wont Go Away Dont Be
Jock itch is a rarely a serious condition and will always go away in time.
If youre proactive about treatment, keeping the area clean and dry, the fungal infection can clear up very quickly. It usually lasts a couple of weeks at most. That said, Ive also seen it clear up in a day or two with adequate attention.
If its been bothering you, try these tips so that you can get back on your feet without all the itchy irritation.
Is Jock Itch Contagious
Clear the room! Jock itch is most definitely contagious. For this reason it is of the upmost importance that you never ever share your personal belongings with other when you have contracted jock itch.
Not only is your case of crotch rot contagious to other people, but it is also contagious to other parts of your own body. Did you know that a lot of jock itch cases are actually caused from people having athletes foot and accidentally transferring it to the groin. Its as easy as taking your sock off when you have a mild case of athletes foot and then rubbing your balls afterwards.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Fungus On Apple Tree
What Can Make The Symptoms Of Jock Itch Worse
There are a few things you might do that unintentionally make your jock itch worse. Here are some examples:
- Working out. This can cause the infected skin to chafe against nearby skin or with clothing and irritate it, making the skin more susceptible to a worsening infection.
- Having poor hygiene habits. Using improperly cleaned, damp towels or clothing, and not keeping skin dry may promote infection.
- Using the wrong treatment. Spreading an anti-itch cream, such as hydrocortisone, on the infected area wont treat the infection it can actually worsen it. This can increase the area of the infection or make the infection worse.
- Having a weakened immune system. Taking immunosuppressants for autoimmune disorders or having a weakened immune system from medication or conditions like HIV can make it harder for your body to fight off fungal infections.
Some conditions look like jock itch, but they arent, so they wont respond to typical tinea cruris treatment.
What Will The Doctor Do
A doctor can usually figure out that you have jock itch by looking at the skin on your inner thighs or groin. Your doctor may swab or scrape off a skin sample to test for fungus. But dont worry this won’t hurt!
Treatment is usually simple. For mild cases, your doctor may have you apply a powder that contains medicine or cream that kills fungus. This should make you feel better in a few days. Sometimes you’ll need to use the medicine for up to a month to get rid of the jock itch completely.
You’ll also need to keep your groin area clean and dry. If doing these things doesn’t help clear up the infection, your doctor might prescribe a stronger medicine. This one will be the kind you swallow, not just something that you put on your skin.
You May Like: How To Eliminate Nail Fungus
How It Spreads From One Part Of The Body To Another
Having jock itch puts you at risk for developing infections elsewhere from the same fungus. For example, if you have jock itch, your foot may touch your underwear when youre undressing and cause you to develop athletes foot. You can also develop ringworm on your skin from touching your own jock strap and not washing your hands afterwards.
If you still have any symptoms of jock itch present, its safe to assume that youre still contagious. Jock itch symptoms include:
- burning or itching in the groin, upper thighs, or buttocks area
- a red rash that appears over your groin, thighs, or buttocks
- scaly patches or blisters that appear within the rash
Jock itch is contagious for as long as you have infected spores from the fungus living on your skin. These spores can even live on surfaces like bedding and towels for over a year if they arent washed.
While it might not be possible to completely determine if jock itch is still contagious, the risk of transmission goes down significantly once you start treating your symptoms. Once you begin treatment, it typically takes two weeks for symptoms to clear up completely.
Tinactin Antifungal Jock Itch Powder Spray
Relieve itchy, burning, chafing skin fast with Tough Actin Tinactin antifungal jock itch spray.
Clinically proven to cure most jock itch, use this product daily for a few days up to two weeks until symptoms are gone and you feel complete relief. The active ingredient in this best jock itch treatment is tolnaftate . The convenient no hand contact first aid spray makes it easy to reach those folds in the crotch and other areas infected with the tinea cruris fungus that causes jock itch.
Tinactin jock itch spray can be used on anyone over 2 years old. It is specially formulated to absorb moisture as it goes on dry, aiding in the prevention of fungal infections. There is no unpleasant medicinal smell, and the application is smooth and doesnt easily rub off, so you can be confident in knowing its still working while you are active.
Also Check: Will Epsom Salt Cure Toenail Fungus
What Are The Types Of Ringworm
Ringworm goes by different names based on where it shows up on your body. Ringworm infections include:
- Athletes foot: Also called tinea pedis, this fungal infection causes an itchy, burning skin rash between your toes and on the soles of your feet. Your skin may become scaly and cracked or develop blisters. Sometimes, your feet smell bad.
- Jock itch: Tinea cruris, or jock itch, causes a red, itchy rash in your groin, upper thighs or rectum. Some people get blisters.
- Scalp ringworm: Tinea capitis affects children more than adults. It causes scaly, red, itchy bald spots on the scalp. If left untreated, the bald spots can grow bigger and become permanent.
Preventing Future Episodes Of Jock Itch
Don’t Miss: Is Vicks Vapor Rub Good For Toenail Fungus
Lotrimin Af Antifungal Powder Spray For Jock Itch
Lotrimin, a line from the Bayer brand, has long been one of the top names in antifungal products, so its no surprise that their AF Antifungal Powder Spray for Jock Itch tops our list.
The active ingredient is miconazole nitrate , which is clinically proven to cure most jock itch infections, and provide quick soothing relief to the most common symptoms of cracking, scaly skin and burning, itching sensations.
Greaseless, odorless, and non-staining, this powder spray goes on dry. It is easy to apply to hard to reach places, making sure you get full coverage where you need it most. Lotrimin jock itch spray is safe for children over 2 years of age, so you can use it to provide relief to your young athlete.
How To Prevent Jock Itch
The best thing you can do is have good hygiene. Here are a few key tips to help prevent jock itch:
- Shower or take a bath daily, especially after playing sports.
- Keep the area as dry as possible by always using a clean towel after showering or swimming.
- Avoid sharing towels.
- Try to avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing and undergarments.
- Wash athletic supporters as often as possible.
- Change clothes and undergarments daily.
Its important to note that if you have a fungal infection somewhere else on your body, like athletes foot or ringworm, be sure to treat it to help prevent the fungus from spreading to your groin area. There are some things you can do to prevent the spread. Make sure you dont touch or scratch your groin area after touching your feet, for example.
Its important to use a separate towel on your feet after showering or dry your groin before your feet so the towel doesnt spread the infection. Put your socks on before your underwear to cover your feet so that the germs do not get on your underwear.
You May Like: How To Cure Toe Fungus Fast
How Can I Get Rid Of Ringworm
Ringworm treatment varies depending on which part of your body is infected. Ringworm treatments include:
- Antifungal creams or powders: Over-the-counter and prescription antifungal creams or powders work well on athletes foot and jock itch. These products include clotrimazole , miconazole and terbinafine .
- Oral antifungal medication: For scalp ringworm, your healthcare provider will prescribe an oral antifungal medication. Youll need to take this medication for one to three months to get rid of the fungus completely. If you stop treatment too soon, the infection may come back and be harder to treat. Oral antifungal medications include fluconazole , griseofulvin , itraconazole and terbinafine .
- Antifungal shampoo: Your provider may prescribe an antifungal shampoo, such as ketoconazole shampoo , to stop scalp ringworm from spreading. But antifungal shampoo wont cure scalp ringworm. You also need to take a prescribed oral antifungal medication. Uninfected family members may also need to use the shampoo to keep from getting ringworm.
You should also treat your home to get rid of ringworm. The fungus that causes ringworm can live on surfaces and items for months. You can kill the fungus with disinfectant sprays like Lysol® or bleach. Wash clothes, sheets and towels often in hot water and detergent.
How Can We Cure Jock Itch Are There Any Home Remedies For Jock Itch
Below are the top three remedies for curing Jock itch, and guess what the ingredients can be found in most common house holds! The following jock itch treatments may seem a little bit odd, of even kooky, but they are highly effective to treat the problem in your groin, and who cares what anyone thinks, if they workthey work!
Read Also: What Causes Finger Nail Fungus
What Does Jock Itch Look Like
According to board-certified dermatologist Dr. Josh Farhadian, there are a few telltale signs.
“If the rash has a well-defined that appears more inflamed than the center, then you are likely dealing with jock itch,” Farhadian says. “In addition, jock itch usually occurs on the upper inner thighs or in the fold between the thighs and scrotum, but not on the scrotum itself.”
Though it might sound unmistakable, Farhadian, who holds appointments at the New York University School of Medicine and the Yale School of Medicine, says self-diagnosis isn’t always reliable. That can be a task best left to professionals.
According to Dr. Farhadian, “patients often think that any rash in the groin area is jock itch , but that couldnt be further from the truth.” And that’s where the problem with the oft-touted home remedies comes in.
How Can I Prevent Ringworm
Ringworm thrives in damp, warm places. The fungus can live on towels, clothes, sheets and surfaces for months. You can keep from getting ringworm and stop an existing infection from spreading by:
- Changing your socks and underwear daily or more frequently if they become damp or soiled.
- Showering immediately after contact sports or exercise.
- Wearing sandals or shower shoes at the pool and in public locker rooms and showers.
- Drying your skin thoroughly after showering, including between your toes.
- Not sharing towels, washcloths, sheets, clothes, combs or other personal hygiene items.
- Washing clothes, athletic gear, sheets and towels in hot water and detergent.
- Disinfecting surfaces with bleach or sprays like Lysol®.
- Treating pets for ringworm, if needed .
- Washing hands thoroughly after contact with animals.
Also Check: Can Toenail Fungus Spread To Skin