Liver Detox And Nail Fungus
Is Diluted Oil Of Oregano Good For Nail Fungus Toe Fungus Vapor Rub Nail Fungus Skip Polish And Nail Gel, Fungus On Skin Ayurvedic Treatment Natural Cures For Nail Fungus Vinegar Otc Medicine For Toenail Fungus.
5 Ways To Treat Toenail Fungus Best Antibiotic For Skin Fungus. Does Laser Work On Toe Fungus My Toenail Fungus Itches Toe Fungus Ubser Nail. Toe Fungus And Bloating Fungus Removal On Skin With Nail Polish Before And After.
Causes Of Toenail Fungus
- Fungus: Chances are you wear shoes and socks a lot of the time. While this keeps your feet warm, it also provides the perfect breeding ground for fungus. Fungus grows in warm, damp, and moist environments, which is why toenail infections are so common. Once a fungus is on your toenail, it can easily grow.
- Athletes foot and fungal infections: The fungus itself spreads easily, so there are many ways that you can get a fungal infection. If you have another type of fungal infection, such as athletes foot or jock itch, that can spread to your toenail. The fungus can also spread from another person who has a fungal infection.
- Pedicures: Another source that people dont often consider is pedicures. If the tools are not disinfected or sanitized properly, they can easily spread fungal infections. This means that if you are having your toenails done at a nail salon, you need to ensure they are properly disinfecting nail clippers and the other things they use. Otherwise, you can take home a fungal infection along with your new pedicure.
What Are The Key Things To Look For When Buying Tea Tree Oil
When buying tea tree oil, it is important to note the key things to look for. Firstly, we have to make sure that it is 100% pure oil, this is very important. Tea tree oil is produced from the Melaleuca alternifolia tree, a natural resource which can be found in Australia and New Zealand. It has been used for years by healers for its many healing properties and is also used in aromatherapy and personal care products. However, before buying tea tree oil, there are a few more considerations we need to make.
When buying tea tree oil, you should note the area where the oil will be applied. The affected area must be clean and free of skin, blood or other bacteria. If the area is covered in hair or fur, the oil cannot be applied directly and will not work as effectively. Next, you should apply the oil to the affected area once or twice, massaging gently in circular movements, taking care not to get any of the oil on your skin. Tea tree oil can be very messy when applied so it is important to keep any towels or clothes away from the area to avoid any possible contamination.
Designed specifically for fighting bacterial infections, antibiotics are one of medical doctors favorite tools for treating many health issues. Theres another underutilized natural medicine that many doctors dont tell their patients about: oregano oil .
Meanwhile, oregano oil benefits extend beyond just controlling infections. What else is oregano essential oil used to treat?
Don’t Miss: Can You Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus With Bleach
Biopure Clove Essential Oil
If you want to treat toenail fungus through foot soaks, this one is a fine product to try.
It is beneficial in treating pain and inflammation.
Moreover, it will also treat foot odor. Contains several effective ingredients to fully treat the toenail fungus and other skin related issues.
Topical And Oral Treatments
Oregano oil taken orally in conjunction with topical essential oil application will be an unbeatable duo for fighting toenail fungus. Oregano oil is available in softgel capsule form of varying strengths. Likewise, oregano essential oil is available in regular, super strength, and P73 formulations . Its important to try and feel healthy and look glamorous.
Don’t Miss: How To Treat Fungus In Bermuda Grass
Oregano Oil Kills Toenail Fungus
Is Oil Of Oregano Good For Fungus On The Skin Toenail Fungus Laser Treatment Albany Ny Toenail Fungus Oral Meds, Toe Fungus Names Toenail Fungus Cure Home Remedy Toenail Fungus Vs Fingernail Fungus.
How To Treat Toe Mail Fungus Clear Nail Polish Toenail Fungus. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil For Nail Fungus Best Thing For Bruised Toe Fungus Is Good The Banana Peal Good For Some Foot Fungus Etc. Boric Acid Vaseline Toenail Fungus Dr Roy Williams Nail Fungus Treatment.
Benefits Of Using Oregano And Tea Tree Oils For Treating Toenail Fungus
- 1. Treats discoloration
Toenail fungus can discolor your nail, making it look pale yellow and dirty. Using these essential oils can be very beneficial as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
The toenail returns back to its original color or at least the yellowness goes away once the infection starts to subside. Hence, using this mixture is essential.
- 2. Prevents Bad Smell
Humidity in your toenail gives the power of multiplication to the breeding fungi. The essential oil application every day can control the humidity and maintain the essential PH for your nail and skin.
This can prevent the bad smell as the oils are very aromatic and can keep your nails fresh.
- 3. Promotes Healthy Nail Growth
Most people who suffer from toenail fungus have a bad nail shape. This can make the nails look ugly and shapeless.
Sometimes the rough edges are as sharp as a knife and you cant even cut them properly due to the inflammation.
The oils can soften the nail bed which makes it easier for you to shape your nails. Even if the nail is removed, the oils promote healthy nail growth.
- 4. Reduces Inflammation
Sore and swollen skin around the toenail is very common during fungal infections. The skin can turn extremely pale or pink due to rising or subsiding inflammation.
As the oils have antiseptic healing properties, they fight with fungi daily and reduces soreness, swelling, and inflammation of the toenail as well as the skin around it.
- 5. Prevents Spread of Fungus
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Toe Fungus Forever
The Four Existing Types Of Toenail Fungus
White Superficial Onychomycosis A white and crumbly toenail experience
Candidal Onychomycosis A Disconnection of the toenail from the nail bed
Proximal Subungual Onychomycosis Commonly seen in patients with suppressed immune systems due to medication.
Distal Subungual Onychomycosis Represents 58-85 percent of all toenail fungus outbreak. Portrays a crumbled toenail, change in color, and scaling underneath the nail.
Oregano Oil And Olive Oil For Nail Fungus
Oregano oil can be mixed with olive oil. Olive is already a beauty tonic, which means that itâs a skin repairing agent.
It will recover the damaged skin, moisturizing it, and making it safe from further damage.
For every drop of oregano oil, you need to add a tablespoon of olive oil. So, if you want to make it more do not forget the described ratio.
Recommended Reading: How Do You Kill Fungus Under Toenails
Directions On How To Use It For Nail Fungus
Before considering trying this essential oil for fungus treatment it is important to keep in mind that Oregano is quite strong. Due to this it might be a good idea to dilute it in order to avoid side effects. When this oil is applied on the skin without dilution it might cause negative effects like burning sensation and redness of skin. It is worthwhile to mention that it is best to dilute Oregano with a carrier oils and not with water. Some of the best choices for that might be Jojoba or Olive Oil. Most sources suggest adding a few drops of Oregano Oil into one tablespoon of carrier oil in order to make it effective and safe treatment for toenail fungus. Then this mixture should be applied on affected area and lelf for about half an hour. After that you can rinse it off with water and dry the area in order to avoid moisture buildup. For the best effect repeat this routine two times throughout the day. In most cases users of this remedy start to notice first results within 3-4 week time however you need to continue applying this essential oil for up to 4 months so that infection would be cleared completely.
In case you didnt notice any improvement in your nail condition after using Oregano Oil for a few months, you should consider other essential oils. Some good choices for that might be Coconut, Tea Tree and Thyme Oils, since they all have anti-fungal properties and they are popular home remedies for this condition too.
Oregano Oil With Melaleuca Or Tea Tree Oil
As both OO and tea tree oil also contains antibacterial and an antifungal property, this process provides relief from nail fungus more effectively.
- Combine 3 drops of OO and 2 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply the mixture on the affected area and surrounding parts of the nail.
- Let it stay for more than 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry the toes completely.
- Repeat the process 4 times a day.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus In A Week
How Effective Is Coconut Oil For Toenail Fungus
Why is Coconut Oil Good for Toenail Fungus? CO is rich in medium chain fatty acids that helps to work as natural fungicides. It has an anti-fungal property that helps to fight against the fungal action on the membranes. It contains lauric acid, which has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Its moisturizing properties will leave you with the softest nails. More items
Why Trust Verywell Health
As a seasoned health writer, Danielle Zoellner knows the importance of finding just the right product to fit your medical needs. Throughout her career, Danielle has interviewed a variety of experts in the medical and health fields while reviewing dozens of products. Her experience and knowledge in the field work together to help readers like yourself find the best products for your daily life.
Additional reporting for this story by Jennifer Nied
For over 10 years, Jennifer Nied has reviewed products, interviewed experts, scrutinized ingredients, and pored over research studies and claims, to help readers like you understand what works for your specific conditions. Every product in this piece was selected taking into account recommendations from doctors, published research, and real customer reviews.
Don’t Miss: Can Peroxide Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus
How To Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus With Oregano Oil
Are your toenails suffering from fungal or yeast infections? We all know toenail fungus can be an embarrassing and persistent problem. Have you tried topical cures or over the counter meds without success? If so, then theres hope for you. This hope lies in using oregano oil for toenail fungus.
Oregano is a natural herb derivative, which when combined with other anti-fungal cures, can effectively treat fungal and yeast infections and today considered the best toenail fungus treatment with very simple and easy steps to follow. Compared with other oils, oregano still stands out to be the best essential oil for toenail fungus.
Lets First Of All Look At Why Many Treatments For Toenail Fungus Are Unsuccessful
The reason why topical medicines cannot effectively treat fungal infections on your toenails is that they are administered directly into the bloodstream but toenails are disconnected from the blood supply system. Focusing solely on the inside will only deal with fungal from within but the one on the disconnected toenail will just keep on like nothing is happening.
Over the counter medications can be harsh, ineffective and can cause severe side effects which makes individuals dealing with toenail fungus to move their attention to more natural and effective home treatments.
Before I proceed, its good to have an idea of what we are dealing with and what causes it.
The toenail fungus is referred to as onychomycosis which is the premier cause for the fungi to develop on the nail. It is very important to note toenail fungal can be an actual symptom of yeast or the candida virus from inside our body.
Recommended Reading: What Will Kill Foot Fungus
Symptoms Of Toenail Fungus
- Toenail color changes: If you have toenail fungus, you may notice some changes in the appearance of your toenails. One of the most obvious signs is if the color of your toenail changes, usually to a darker color. This is typically caused by build-up underneath your nail, which makes it appear darker than it actually is.
- Brittle nails: Some other signs are if your nail becomes thick, brittle, or breaks easily. If pieces of your nail are falling off or if it seems to become separated from the skin underneath, thats another common sign of a fungal infection.
- Toenail shape, yellow streaks and white spots: As well, look for changes in the shape of your nail. Yellow streaks across your nail or white spots are other big indications of fungus.
- Pain in your toes: Typically fungal infections are not painful in the earlier stages, but they can begin to become uncomfortable after a while. If left for too long, your toes could start to hurt, making it painful to put on shoes, walk, or stand.
Tips And Precautionary Measures:
If you are planning to use oregano oil to treat toenail fungus, practice these tips and guidelines to make your toenails fungus-free.
- Perform a patch test on your skin to ensure therell be no untoward side effects.
- Keep your nails short and clean before starting your nail fungus treatment.
- Thoroughly dry your feet and toes after bathing.
- Change your socks once they become moist and sweaty.
- If you should wear socks, use ones made of 100% cotton that will enable your toenails to breathe.
- Use separate clippers and nail files for infected and non-infected nails to prevent the spread of the fungus.
- Dont wear shoes if you can help it. If you must, then wear comfortable shoes that allow your toes some room for movement. Avoid shoes that are too snug which crowd your toes together and encourage the growth of the onychomycosis-causing fungus.
- Dust your feet with anti-fungal foot powder before wearing socks and shoes.
- Wear comfortable flip-flops and allow your feet sometime in the sun as sunlight inhibits the growth of fungus on your toes.
- Dont go walking barefoot in public places, particularly in dirty and moist areas.
- Be patient, diligent, and careful when using oregano oil.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Scalp Fungus
Studies To Support Oregano And Tea Tree Oils For The Treatment Of Toenail Fungus
When a study was conducted by a group of researchers, they discovered that oregano and tea tree oils are an effective and safe option for topical therapy of onychomycosis.
The research proved how oregano oil can prevent the growth of various pathogenic bacteria and fungi.
Regular application is very powerful as it completely destroys the fungi. Also, the study proved how tea tree oil penetrates deep down the nail bed and fights fungi. When used together, they work well as a Toenail Fungus Treatment.
What Is The Best Oil For Toenail Fungus
Oregano essential oil is considered to be among the very best remedies for toenail fungus. Like so many essential oils it has potent antibacterial properties but it is also an excellent solution for fungal complaints and is known to destroy a range of fungus including many dermatophytes and candida albicans.
Also Check: Will Vinegar Help Toenail Fungus
Diluting Oregano Oil With Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is also a great option as a carrier oil with oregano oil for toenail fungus.
If you feel that the skin is getting dry, and it may break off, and the fungus will travel inside the skin.
Then the jojoba oil is the best ingredient to add as a carrier oil. Add three drops of oregano oil to a tablespoon of jojoba oil to treat toenail fungus.
Wondering How This Can Be Done
All you will have to do is to undertake a foot soak with apple cider vinegar and water before you massage the affected area with the mixture of oregano oil and a carrier oil. Below are the steps to follow
- Get a basin, or a bath and add about 5 cups of water
- Add the same quantity of apple cider vinegar
- Now soak both feet in the solution for about 20 mins
- Dry feet thoroughly with a clean towel
- Apply a mixture of 2-3 drops of oregano oil with a carrier oil as mentioned above. Massage the toenail gently so the mixture can penetrate underneath toenail for effective treatment.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day for quick results.
- Remember to take oregano oil internally to help boost your immune system and prevent a future outbreak.
As you prepare for a foot soak, make sure the toenails are well-trimmed and use a 100% pure and organic apple cider vinegar
Check out our review of the top 11 organic and therapeutic grades of oregano oils from well known and reputable manufacturers with full compliance of the best practices of producing oregano oil. Their oils caught our interest right from the quality and the beneftits they bringLearn More
Oregano Essentials is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. and its affiliated sites.
Also Check: How To Get Rid Of Skin Fungus Naturally
Peppermint Essential Oil For Toenail Fungus
Unlike the other essential oils, peppermint oil is the king of all to treat toenail fungi.
It has been recorded that peppermint oil is an effective treatment to treat 11 kinds of fungi.
So, if you are confused about the type of fungi, try using peppermint essential oil to treat toenail fungi.
How to apply it?
The best thigs about using peppermint oil is its ease of use. Unlike the rest, you do not need extra carrier oils for this one.
It is the best home remedy to treat nail fungi for lazy people.
Below is our recommended essential Peppermint oil for the nail fungus treatment.